DETROIT, MI, JUNE 19, 2017 – LaWanda Marshall and Candace Graham both teach pre-kindergarten at the Carver STEM Academy on Detroit’s west side. Both have colorful, toy-filled classrooms, computers for students to use and assistant teachers to help guide their 4- and 5-year-olds as they learn and explore. But Marshall’s classroom has other things too—lots and lots of other things that regularly arrive like gifts from the pre-K gods. Read more.
- Soda Tax in Multnomah County? Group working to get measure on 2018 ballot
- Ballot Initiative Seeks Money for Early Childhood Care
- Pathways to High-Quality Child Care: The Workforce Investment Credit
- A Solution to the Child Care Shortage?
- How Private Funding Creates Disparities Among Detroit’s Pre-K Classrooms