DETROIT, MI, JUNE 19, 2017 – LaWanda Marshall and Candace Graham both teach pre-kindergarten at the Carver STEM Academy on Detroit’s west side. Both have colorful, toy-filled classrooms, computers for students to use and assistant teachers to help guide their 4- and 5-year-olds as they learn and explore. But Marshall’s classroom has other things too—lots and lots of other things that regularly arrive like gifts from the pre-K gods. Read more.
- First Year Results for Cincinnati’s Preschool Promise
- Memphis Council Commits to Finding Pre-K Solution
- New Brookings Report on New American Localism and Investing in Children
- Cincinnati Preschool Promise Turned 1 Year Old on Election Day. Here’s How it’s Going.
- County Recognizes Early Learning as Economic Development